For Meret Branscheidt early rehabilitation is the key in the recovery after a neurological disease or an accident. The faster a patient can start the rehabilitation process, the better the chances to regain lost body functions. With her appointment at cereneo, she can support patients on their recovery journey. The international and interdisciplinary teamwork at cereneo and the possibility for highly individualised therapies is motivating her in her daily work. Cereneo`s focus on rehabilitation research allows Meret to continue her scientific interests and thus offers the unique opportunity to provide cutting-edge therapeutic approaches to her patients.
- Degree in Human Medicine at Philipps University Marburg, Germany (2004-2010)
- 2011-2014 Training in neurology at Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA and Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, Western University, London, Canada
- Resident physician and research fellow at the Department of Neurology at the University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland (2012-2015)
- Board Certification in Neurology in 2018 (FMH Neurology)
- Attending physician, Dep. of Neurology at University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland (03/19-03/20) and Schulthess Klinik, Zurich, Switzerland (04/20-03/21)
- Since April 2021 Clinical & Scientific Chief of Service (chief physician) at cereneo, Hertenstein, Switzerland